Monday, October 5, 2009

Perspective

My sister, Hilary, started this blog and asked me to post stuff as well. We're getting ready to go through this transplant process for a kidney. My kidneys shut down 3 years ago and she volunteered to give me one of hers. Cool, huh? I thought so. I am so INCREDIBLY grateful to her, but you don't want to tell her that too much. It freaks her out!

Both her and I have been through lots of surgeries, so that's no worry for either of us. Shoot! I look forward to surgeries. Being an insomniac, I LOVE the knock out gas that they give you. I think that anasneeziologists (spelling) are my favorite doctors.

Hilary is freaked out by IVs. I'm not a big fan either, but I'm more used to them. Actually, I often look forward to IVs. Not the insertion process, certainly, but the results. Having an IV means instant satisfaction. If I'm dehydrated, I get water. If I'm in pain, I get pain killers. IVs, while annoying, bring the good stuff and make life so much better.

I'm excited to finally get this transplant thing done with. I'm eternally grateful that Hilary is going through all this for me. It is a very humbling process to know that someone would do this for you. I've had so much prayer and support over the last few years that I know I wouldn't have survived without it. It continues to this day. My family is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment