Monday, October 5, 2009

The Gathering




Well today I did the gathering. I tucked my little pee-gathering tray and my nice, big jug into a cutsie shoulder bag and off to work I went. I made sure to tuck plenty of extra Dillons sacks in my bag so I could wrap my articles discretely during my time in the bank. Right after entering the bank, my boss asked what all I brought to work. I saw his eyes light up.....I think he thought I came bearing food!

The collecting part of the day was easy. It was the part where I was supposed to drink extra water all day that was difficult. I naturally don't drink much. I have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and I'm good until late afternoon. I don't usually even drink with meals. I am just not thirsty. As a kid, my mom would FORCE me to drink water. I remember spending a lot of time at the dinner table with a glass of water. Mom would tell me I had to set there until the glass was finished. Agony!

I went to the grocery store on my way to work today to buy some special flavored water.....hoping it would entice me to drink it. But there my grape flavored Aquafina sat, all day long, right next to my mouse, not being drank. I think I finished the first bottle around...oh.... sixish. Then I grabbed a bottle for the ride home. Only, instead I talked on the phone for the duration of my trip home. As I walked in the door I tried making myself guzzle the water so when Geoff (my husband) asked me how much I drank, I could smile and tell him at least two whole bottles. I knew that would impress him. I did manage to drink a cup of boullion tonight. And a cup of juice. Go me!

Tomorrow is the IVP. Gag. My knees get weak thinking about it. I was told after they hook up the IV, they put iodine into me and it gets really warm. I will feel light headed, like I might pass out while they run it through my veins and map the course of veinery (I just made that word up) that run through my kidneys. Right now, just typing this, I am shaking. I have to quit talking about it. Thank goodness Geoff took the morning off so he can go with me. Maybe he'll coax the inner tough-girl out in me. All I can say, is I am SO ready to have tomorrow over with!!

After all the tests tomorrow, I go see Mark and he gives me the final results. I don't know if my stomach is more tense about that or the IV. A lot of weight rests on the results of tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow right now I can be blogging about the dates we are looking at for the transplant. No wait, hopefully, tomorrow right now I am already in bed for the night. But, earlier in the evening I hope to be blogging about dates. So until then...........to be ah-tinued. To be ah-tinued? Yes, to be ah-tinued. (inside joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment