Sunday, October 11, 2009

MORE Gathering....






This is Nathanial while on dialysis. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday he has to go to the hospital and do this for 3 or 4 hours. I can't tell much about the experience, but I had these pictures to share. Those tubes coming down his chest are the lines they hook the machine up to that dialysizes him. Blood is going out one side and going back in the other side. Apparently, having your blood taken out makes you extremely cold. He always has to have blankets with him and he has to dress warm. I believe he even takes warm fuzzy hats and mittens sometimes too, but I'll leave it up to him to describe the dialysis experience with you. I'm going to write a little about my day now.


This morning I woke up to my dog heaving. He was getting ready to vomit on my bed so I grabbed him and sat him on the floor to finish doing what he had started. Sick. Well, lovely to wake up to that on a Sunday morning! I asked the pups if they needed to potty and they jumped around all excited to run out into the cold for a few minutes. They're weird like that. Usually, my routine is to get up, turn off the house alarm, let the puppies out, and then I come in and go potty myself. Today I am doing more of the pee collecting for Dr. Shields. So after letting the puppies out, I had to get my tray and my jug before proceding. This threw my whole routine off!


I believe this is my last round of the pee collecting. Of course, if the doctor wants me to do it again, I will do it again. Whatever it takes. I hear this doctor of ours isn't one to mess with. If he says do it, we better do it. Period.


Today I have a lot going on, so today may be more difficult with the jug hauling. (I feel like inserting a bad joke here about how I'm used to carrying around big jugs) First we have church, then we are headed on a little road trip to Emporia to see my mom. Her birthday was Friday. I will need to call mom on the way and ask her to clear a spot in the fridge for my pee jugs. I'm sure she won't mind. Hopefully by next month right now, she is clearing room in the fridge to save jugs of Nathanials pee!

No comments:

Post a Comment