Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dialysis


I've only got three more visits to the Dialysis clinic. I'm going to miss all my friends there. Granted, I won't miss actually being dialyzed. When I first started on Dialysis three years ago, I HATED it! Mom and Dad would go with me, sit next to me and rub my head. I would cry the whole time and shake uncontrollably.
Things are quite a bit different nowadays. I go by myself. I watch TV and talk to people. Shoot, most days I fall asleep while I'm there. I even recently asked to be on dialysis for a longer time. I'm back up to four hours a day, three days a week. I guess you can get used to almost anything. I never would have thought that three years ago.
The human body is an amazing design. It can handle almost anything. The human brain is amazing too. I mean, who was it that first figured out how kidneys worked and what they did for the body? And then, who was the genius that figured out a way to use machines to do the kidneys' job when they shut down? It's crazy!
It's only a week until the transplant. Life is about to change drastically for me. Granted, I think it will be for the better this time. :) This Thursday, Hilary and I go in for the final tests and stuff. Next Tuesday is the surgery.
Only three dialysis left. I'm pumped!
-Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment