Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mayo Testing Day 2

I finished everything I was supposed to do today and tomorrow except for the final blood poke (doesn't 'poke' sound so much better than 'we're going to jab a long needle in your arm and suck out your life-giving blood'?). Then I have the final meeting with the Dr. who'll have ALL the results and make his determination as to what's next.

My views:
Mental Test: To all of your surprise, I can appear to be normal long enough to fake my way thru an hour interview. I know, I know, they just didn't know what buttons to push or it would have come flying to the surface.

Electra & Echo cartiagrams: They had misgivings but I told them I'd rather run on the treadmill than be chemically injected. (They kept saying "You're a little 'solid', you sure you can do that? I think they meant 'fat' but were trying to be PC.) Anyway, thanks to Master Hobelman encouraging me to work on my TKD even when I am gone, (he beats me if I don't) I am in good enough shape to not only pass the stress test, but to do fantastic on it. My heart is in great shape. It is not black and not '2 sizes too small' as some of you have accused me of. I can get my heart beat up to 160 BPM and go for 12 minutes without having a heart attack, passing out, wheezing and gasping for air, or causing an irregular beat. Yea, I was surprized too. I guess it was the lack of oxygen in Colorado that had me winded so easily. There is more air down here.

CT scan: I have no idea how that turned out. I asked for a 5X7 and a couple of wallets but they wouldn't let me look at the pictures. I do think the 2 young ladies kept a couple of them to admire for themselves though. People have said I'm beautiful on the inside? Well they've seen my insides now and if it was as beautiful as people say, why wouldn't they want copies?

Blood Tests: Don't know. I just know they keep sucking blood out and putting it into little bottles. I think they are so impressed with me they are going to clone me and that's why they are collecting so much blood. I go back tomorrow for ANOTHER blood draw. (Can you imagine, a million little cloned Steve's in the world? What a wonderful world that would be?)

Blood Pressure: I haven't 'blown a gasket' so that's good. My stat's are just a little high but within controllable limits. A bonus to being over 50 is they fudge the stat's a little for old people and aren't as picky. I was surprised since I thought my pressure would be up from lack of sleep. The stupid machine took 87 readings in 18 hours! I woke up every time it squeezed my arm off last night. I am SO ready to go to sleep tonight that I may not even be able to finish this bl..............zzzzzzz

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I am so glad i will not have to beat you.

    Master H

    ReplyDelete