Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mayo Testing Day 1

I feel soooo violated but, I'm still in the running. They have tested so much today and then, they scheduled 3 more appointments to go to. I'm going to have 2 more full days (where else can they inspect? Oh, wait, don't ask). Worse yet, I don't get to eat after 7 pm each evening and can't eat again until after 4 pm the next day so I won't mess up the tests. That's a 3 hour window and I can only eat so much in 3 hours.
Blood pressure-I'm wearing a constant BP gauge over night. I am not going to get any sleep. It goes off every 10 minutes all day and every 20 minutes all night. My arm is going to sleep from the constant squeezing but I won't be sleeping. My BP was a little high but I think it's because I am a little stressed from being here and being prodded, poked, and penetrated! Every time I see a needle going in or sucking stuff out, my BP rises. Wouldn't yours?
Blood work-10 vials this morning, 2 more this afternoon. More scheduled for tomorrow and Friday. Filthy blood sucking, Vampires! I would feel drained but they keep injecting things back into me too. (Contrast they call it. I thought my insides were already colored coded like in all of my old biology books.)
Heart tests- No need, I thought-I'm heartless (or so I've been told). Wrong, I've got one and they want pictures from the inside. (More contrast) And a lot of wire to hook up tomorrow and Friday. My heart must be big, they cover my whole chest, stomach, sides, and other places I didn't even know my heart reached. Maybe I have an enlarged heart?
Chemical results-They say to cut back on fats, sweets, lose a few more pounds (I lost 5 in the past 3 weeks but NOOOOOO, that's not enough) and exercise 5 times a week instead of 3. Really? It took TEN vials of blood to tell that!! Most people without Dr's degree's could tell that without 10 vials of blood and 2 more to be sure! People on the street pat my belly and tell me that. Why did I drive 8 hours to hear the obvious?
Tomorrow mental tests (I know what you are thinking. I am thinking it too.), heart tests (contrast), CT tests (more contrast), and some tests I can't pronounce but probably need contrast. (Don't these people have any contrast control?) If I survive, I'll blog more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment