Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mayo part 3

My second trip to the Mayo clinic was at the beginning of March. I had to go back for MORE tests that couldn't get done last time. It was a good trip, despite having my groin cut open.

I got to meet the wound care people and they did this mist treatment to me. After a couple of days, my foot looked better than it has the past 10 months! :) We found a place in Kansas that also does the mist treatments, and I will be going there regularly until my foot is healed. I was also told to not put any weight on my foot. I'm supposed to lay around until it is completely healed. They said that walking on my stump was a big factor in it not yet healing.

The big test I had to do was a vein mapping. They told me they would cut open my jugular vein and pour dye into me and watch it on an X-Ray machine. Oh, and I would be fully awake the whole time! I was freaking out!!! They said I wouldn't remembe the procedure, and I told them memories don't scare me. Having my neck sliced open did! Long story short, they didn't cut into my neck...they sliced open my groin.

I don't wanna talk about it! >:(

Anyway, now I'm back in Kansas. They transplant will proceed AFTER my foot is healed, so that's the next project. I'll be going to a wound care clinic in Wichita 3 times per week until it's done. :) Yea for more travel! Most of my life is spent in a car.

-Nat

1 comment:

  1. I think you guys need a nicer car since so much of your life is spent in one! :) Lets buy a Cadillac Escalade with built in TV's!!

    ReplyDelete